Information regarding cookies
Under Article 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Privacy Law) Globo S.p.A. Servizi Commerciali provides the following information about the cookies installed on the domain www.globo.it.
What are cookies?
Cookies are data created on a server that are stored in text files on the hard disk of your computer or any device used by the user to access the Internet (smartphones, tablets) and allow collecting information about the user's surfing on the website.
Cookies can be stored permanently on your computer and have a variable duration (so-called persistent cookies), but can also disappear when closing the browser or be limited in time (so-called session cookies).
Cookies can be installed by the site you are visiting (so-called first-party cookie) or may be installed from other websites (so-called third-party cookies).
Cookies used and the purposes
- Navigation cookies These first-party session cookies give users a secure and efficient site browsing and use (browsing session management).
- Function cookies These first-party persistent cookies allow tracking the users' choices (language selection).
- Multimedia scanner cookies These YouTube session cookies are used to store the technical data needed for reproducing the video or audio contents, such as image quality, network connection speed and buffer parameters.
- Analytical cookies The Google Analytics and YouTube platform cookies are used to gather data about the website use by users (number of visitors, visited pages, time spent in the site, etc.).
- Profiling cookies These YouTube cookies are used to track users and send advertising messages online with the users' preferences.
- Social cookies These third-party cookies allow users to interact with the social networks (Facebook, Twitter, ...) and, in particular, to share the site contents in these social networks.
The features of the third-party cookies used in the site are illustrated in the following table:
|Google Analytics||_utma||This cookie tracks the number of times the user has visited the site linked to the cookie, when the first visit and last visit were made. Google Analytics uses the data gathered by this cookie to calculate things such as days and visits needed to perfect a purchase.||Third party||2 years|
|Google Analytics||_utmb||The b and c cookies work together to calculate how long a visit lasts. __utmb creates a time stamp of the exact time when the user accesses the site.||Third party||30 minutes|
|Google Analytics||_utmc||The b and c cookies work together to calculate how long a visit lasts. __utmb creates a time stamp of the exact time when the user accesses the site.||Third party||Session|
|Google Analytics||_utmz||This cookie tracks the site the user is redirected from, the search engine used by the user, the links clicked on by the user, the user's keywords, and the geographic location where the user accesses the site from.||Third party||6 months|
|Google Analytics||_utmt||This cookie indicates the request type: it can be variable (event, transaction, product, other).||Third party||10 minutes|
|datr||This cookie helps identifying suspicious authentication activities and protects users. For example, it is used to highlight any doubtful activities, such as failed authentication attempts and repeated attempts to create spam accounts.||Third party||2 years|
|fr||If the user is logged into Facebook, Facebook can insert cookies into the user's computer through the site. This cookie is needed for the "like" function in messages and to update the user's status.||Third party||3 months|
|lu||If the user is logged into Facebook, Facebook can insert cookies into the user's computer through the site. This cookie is needed for the "like" function in messages and to update the user's status.||Third party||2 years|
|Youtube||GEUP||Advertising purposes. A unique ID assigned to each computer that allows Google to track the YouTube videos.||Third party||2 years|
|Youtube||PREF||Advertising purposes. A unique ID assigned to each computer that allows Google to track the YouTube videos.||Third party||6 months|
|Youtube||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Advertising purposes. Remembers if YouTube must show the old or new video interface style to the user.||Third party||7 months|
|Youtube||YSC||Analytical purposes. Unique ID assigned to the site user when they watch a video.||Third party||Session|
|Youtube||_utma||This cookie tracks the number of times the user has visited the site linked to the cookie, when the first visit and last visit were made. Google Analytics uses the data gathered by this cookie to calculate things such as days and visits needed to perfect a purchase.||Third party||2 years|
|Youtube||_utmz||This cookie tracks the site the user is redirected from, the search engine used by the user, the links clicked on by the user, the user's keywords, and the geographic location where the user accesses the site from.||Third party||6 months|
|Youtube||broadcast-start-time-guide||Data about viewing videos, live, audio-visual contents and user preferences in order to offer default options (regarding volume, quality, band, etc...).||Third party||Session|
|Youtube||live_highlight_clip_creation||Data about viewing videos, live, audio-visual contents and user preferences in order to offer default options (regarding volume, quality, band, etc...).||Third party||Session|
|NID||Google uses these cookies to generate images for maps or to generate CAPTCHA images to protect the Google site from "spambots".||Third party||6 years|
|addthis.com||__atuvc||This cookie is associated to the Add This social sharing widget, which is usually implemented in websites to enable visitors to share the contents in networking and sharing platforms. It contains the count of shared pages.||Third party|
|addthis.com||__atuvs||This cookie is associated to the Add This social sharing widget, which is usually implemented in websites to enable visitors to share the contents in networking and sharing platforms. It is used to provide sharing services.||Third party|
Management of cookie preferences
You can learn more and how to deactivate the third-party cookies by clicking on the links given in the "Other information" in the table above.
Finally, you can oppose cookies being recorded on your hard disk by configuring your surfing browser to deactivate cookies. We give information below on the methods proposed by the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Click on "Tools" and then "Internet options";
- Select the "Privacy" chart and move your pointer to the privacy level you want to set (upwards to block all the cookies and downwards to allow them all);
- Click on "OK".
- Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome;
- Click on "Tools";
- Select "Settings" and then "Advanced settings";
- Select "Content settings" under the heading "Privacy";
- In the "Cookies" chart you can unflag the cookies you don't want and save your preferences.
- Open Firefox;
- Press the "Alt" key on the keypad;
- In the tool bar at the top of the browser, select "Tools" and then "Options";
- Select the "Privacy" chart;
- Go to "History settings" and then "Use custom settings";
- Unflag "Accept cookies from websites" and save your preferences.
- Open Opera;
- Click on "Settings" in the browser menu and select "Settings";
- Select "Rapid preferences";
- Unflag "Enable cookies".
- Open Safari;
- Select "Preferences" in the tool bar and then select the "Security" panel in the dialogue window that opens;
- In the "Accept cookie" section you can specify if and when Safari should save the cookies from websites. For more information, click on the Help button (marked with a question mark);
- For more information about the cookies that are saved in your computer, click on "Show cookies".
However, after these operations certain functions in the web pages may not perform correctly.
Data communication and disclosure
The data collected using cookies can be handled by employees and collaborators of Globo S.p.A. Servizi Commerciali as being managers and controllers. These data may also be processed by the company we trust to perform on our behalf tasks of a technical and organizational nature. These firms are our direct collaborators and perform the function of the controller. In particular, in the context of data processing carried out through the website, www.globo.it appointed as Data Processor Sintetik srl (CLX company) Via dell'Artigianato 8/A - 37135 Verona (Italy) concerning the site management and maintenance. Their list is constantly updated and is available on request by sending a communication to the address below, or an e-mail to email@example.com
The data collected using cookies will not be disclosed to third parties.
The data collected using cookies from Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube may be transferred outside the European Union, in particular, to the United States of America.
The data collected using cookies will not be disclosed.
At any time you can exercise your rights under art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, which is quoted in full at the foot of this policy. To exercise of these rights you may send a communication to the Data Controller at the address below or an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data processing manager and controller
The processing manager is Globo S.p.A. Servizi Commerciali, head office in Via Dante Alighieri, 56 - 37031 Illasi (VR) - E-mail: email@example.com
The data processing controller is the IT office of Globo S.p.A. at the same head office. The complete list of processing controllers is available from the processing manager.
Art. 7 Legislative Decree 196/2003. Rights of the person concerned
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you exists, even if not yet recorded, and their communication in intelligible form.
- You have the right to know:
- the origin of personal data;
- the purposes and methods of processing;
- the logic applied in case of processing using electronic instruments;
- the identity of the manager, controller and the designated representative under Article 5, paragraph 2;
- the subjects or categories of persons to whom personal data can be communicated or who can learn about them as appointed representative in the State, any managers or agents.
- You have to right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, when interested, integration of data;
- the cancellation, anonymization or blocking of data processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed;
- certification that the operations in letters a) and b) have been notified, also as regards their content, to those to whom the data were communicated or disclosed, except if this requirement proves impossible or involves an undertaking that is manifestly disproportionate to the protected right.
- You have the right to oppose, all or in part:
- for legitimate reasons the processing of personal data, even if it is pertinent for collection purposes;
- the processing of personal data for purposes of sending advertising materials or direct selling or for carrying out market research or commercial communication.
Last update: May 2015